Saturday, May 2, 2009

Surprise!

It's a....

Baby Surprise Jacket!

It's an Elizabeth Zimmerman classic and one that I've done before. I cheat and use Dawn Adcock's notes. She gives you stitch counts for each row. This sweater was knit completely from Dawn's notes without checking the pattern for anything other than the recommended gauge. This sweater is headed to Baby Elliot. He's a month old but still tiny - he's smaller right now than either of my children were as newborns! Granted, I have big babies... but still!

Yarn: Malabrigo - have I mentioned that I love this yarn?
Needle: Size 5 16" circular
Modifications: None. (Wow! That's two in a row that I've knit as written!) I kitchenered the shoulders shut, which makes for a very nice seam.

The beauty of this sweater is that even though it is May, along the shore of Lake Superior we have been known to wear sweaters all summer long. It gets chilly at night and if the wind switches off the lake, it's downright cold.

If I get my act in gear, Baby Elliot might get a pair of booties in matching Kidsilk Haze to go with the sweater.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

So sweet! I still need to make one of these one day.....

knittymuggins