Friday, January 16, 2009

Artic Blast

On the last day of Artic Blast my Momma gave to me...



One Chickadee Cowl.

Addie's cowl is done. She's not too sure about it, but when the temperature is sitting at -20 F before the wind chill is factored in, I think she'll appreciate something warm on her face. And boy is it warm!

Pattern: Chickadee Cowl from Through the Loops (link on previous post)
Yarn: Leftover Freedom 100% wool and some purple bulky spun wool that my friend Darla found at a farmer's market.
Mods: None really. It's pretty simple, brainless knitting.


I promise that my floor is really not as dirty as it looks. The floor is just really scarred from our old dog's claws. We have almost no good light at 7am right now so I couldn't take it out into the cold to photograph it in the snow. Besides, I don't think my finicky camera would like the Artic Blast any more than I do.

3 comments:

Syren said...

Addie's bangs are getting long again! I must not have cut them short enough at Christmas!

Knittymuggins said...

Cuuuuute! I have that pattern in my faves/queue and have been thinking about making one with one of my crazy variegated yarns. It really does look warm!

knittymuggins

bockstark.knits said...

Too cute, what a perfect model too! :)