Friday, January 30, 2009

Time Keeps on Spinning

This is going to be a short post. I've got a migrain and I can barely put 2 words together into a coherent sentance.

I've been slowly working on spinning some Corridale this week. I got a little frustrated because I was letting the drafting triangle get a little long and poof, I'd loose the end and it would get buried in the bobbin. I got some advice from people on Ravelry to use some masking tape find the missing end. In the end though, I just had Adam find the end for me. He was much more patient than I could be. Once I shortened up the drafting triangle I didn't have any probem.

I'm in the midst of doing the plying for this right now. It's turning out to be about a worsted weight when it's plied. I have no idea what I'm going to use this for, it's mostly just practice yarn at this point I think. Maybe it will the skein that sits in my stash so that I can look back at it in several years and see how far I've gone. :) Or how bad I still am I suppose.

I don't know why, but I'm really amazed at how much fun spinning is. (Don't ask me why I thought it wouldn't be.) I think I resisted for so long and now that I have a wheel, I can work on it a little each night. I'm really looking forward to branching out and trying some different fibers and expanding the colors that I would normally choose.

No comments: