Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Flower Petal Hat or Dang Gauge Anyway

I hate gauge I hate gauge I hate gauge. It took me 2 hours, 4 different needle sizes, and countless froggings to come to the realization that I have the wrong weight yarn for my Flower Petal Hat. Nevermind my co-worker had the same problem with her DK weight yarn that I'm having. I somehow thought my knitting would be different. There is absolutely no way that I can get 6 stitches to the inch with worsted weight yarn. Dang! I really should have bought sport weight.

So instead, I'm changing the pattern. Heaven forbid I start knitting the hat in different yarn. Or knit a different hat in that yarn. Or say screw the whole thing and just put the yarn away for a year (or three) until I forget the pain. All this so I can have a hat to work on at tonight's Optimist Club knitting night.

No comments: