Monday, July 7, 2008

An Honest to God Knitting Post

I finished a project for me!! It's the Mia Shrug from Yarn is My Metier. I finished it at my grandparent's on July 3rd. My Grandpa, always dry, asked me where the rest of my sweater went. While we were at the cabin I asked Katherine to model it for me, since I knew exactly what photos I wanted taken.


Specs:
Yarn - Manos Silk Blend - almost 3 skeins in Pewter. I probably have enough left to do either the cuffs or the flowers along the neckline.
Pattern - Mia Shrug (Ravelry link this time)
Modifications - None, I left it very simple without adding the cuffs or collar which I think suits the yarn and color well. The pattern is written so that you take all your measurements first, then knit to fit. I love this as I have rather wide shoulders. You can tell that it's a little wide on Katherine, but otherwise a nice fit.
The girls would like to send a shout out to Crazy Uncle Matty, Katherine and all the folks that were at Cabin Time this year.

3 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Beautiful! That will look lovely on you :) And "Cabin Time" sounds like it was lots of fun! Glad you had a good time...

knittymuggins

Amnicon Studio said...

That looks great!

La Cabeza Grande said...

I love the color and the yarn you chose! Thank you for knitting up your Mia. May I post your picture in the Knitters Gallery?