Friday, October 17, 2008

Knit Along With Us



My bloggy friend Knittymuggins and I just started a Knit-a-Long on Ravelry. We're going to be knitting Fiddlehead Mittens from Hello Yarn.

Not my photo. :) Taken with permission from Hello Yarns

The group is located here - everyone is welcome! The more the merrier! The actual KAL starts November 1 and runs through December 31. I can't wait to see what kind of color combos people have and how many mittens get made. I've heard this is a great pattern and is slightly addicting.
I picked out my yarn for this last night. It's not at all my usual colors, so I'm not really sure who these will be going to. I bought 6 skeins of Frog Tree Alpaca in greens and brown. I'm not going to do as many color variations as the pair you see above. I just want to pet the yarn.

2 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Can't wait to see your yarns!! I just bought mine today too and it's not my colors either :) Fun! Have posted about the KAL too to get the word out.....

Hope you're having a great weekend!

knittymuggins

bockstark.knits said...

Darn it, too bad I just finished mine! I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all knit up!