Thursday, October 23, 2008

Time Keeps on Spinning

Someone asked me the other day how my spinning has been going. Well, to be honest, it hasn't. This has been the extent of my spinning since August. It's a fairly even worsted weight single. I think it's destined to become a hat for my neice. This is from some pencil roving I picked up at Athena Fibers in Sioux Falls, SD this summer.

If you're anywhere near Sioux Falls (and really, there's nothing near there) you should check out Athena Fibers. It's in a beautiful old Victorian House. My non-knitting companion at the conference was amazed by the flooring. Personally, I was more amazed at the silk lace weight that they had! It's a beautiful house and she stocks the first floor with beautiful yarn and roving.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Oh dear. I'm afraid my spinning has taken a back burner too.... But maybe this winter with all the time indoors we'll both find a way to get back to it :)

Happy Howl-o-ween!

knittymuggins