Wednesday, October 10, 2007

8 Things About Me

I got tagged by KnittyMuggins for this game.

The Rules:
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I took a sick day to stay home with Lily who was running a temperature today. I put her and Addie in the recliner with some juice and rearranged the furniture in the living room. There wasn't much cuddling going on this morning. I am appalled by the dust bunnies that were living under my couch. I probably won't win Mother of the Year for this one! *edited to add: Go Here to see the whole story about Lily being sick. She's finally feeling better, but we're all wiped out from the experience.

2. I love cookbooks, I read through them like novels. Whenever we go on vacation, I collect a cookbook from that area. I don't need anymore cookbooks. Hmmm... maybe that's why we haven't been on a real vacation in years!

3. I am a compulsive house shopper. I love driving through neighborhoods looking at the houses for sale. I even do this in towns I don't live in nor do I ever plan on living in. I am a realtor's worst nightmare, always shopping - never buying.

4. I cannot sew a straight seem. I'm actually kind of afraid of sewing machines. I'm really afraid that I will get my finger caught under the walking foot and sew my finger by mistake. In 7th grade we had a portion of home ec where we were supposed to make some sort of sewing project. I missed the day where we learned to use the sewing machine and got to practice. I made a small (very small) drawstring bag. I think the teacher had to help me with the drawstring part. Poor Mrs. Bisson, I think I probably failed that portion but she liked me so I passed. (Just for the record, I aced the rest of Home Ec.)

5. My feet are almost always cold. My kids, on the other hand, take after their Daddy and always have toasty warm feet. I can't keep the socks and shoes on those kids!

6. I carry a Hormel Cup of Soup in my knitting bag. This is because I carry my knitting bag with me most places when we are travelling. I know that I can't always find food that is dairy-free for Lily so this is my safety net. If nothing else I will find a microwave somewhere. I suppose I could just put it in the diaper bag, but instead it's in my knitting bag.

7. I am fiercely loyal. I will protect my friends to the end. On the other hand, if you upset me I will bash you to the world. See, for instance, my rant against Gerber. Seriously, I asked them to develop some dairy-free products and they sent me coupons for things that have dairy in them along with a note saying that they develop products based on demand. Well, I'm a consumer and I'm telling you that food allergies in children is at an all time high. Why would you produce products that makes a large number of children seriously ill?! Get with the program folks!

8. I would like to go back to school for nursing. I was a pre-med major in college and I decided to take a year off before taking the MCAT. 7 years later I'm selling advertising for a newspaper company. Don't get me wrong, I like my job - it's just not where I always want to be.

Now I have to tag 8 people. Yikes! This is definitely the hard part. I will tag Darla, D, Kris, Another Jess.. umm... that's all I can think of right now that I think will do this. I will link to them later when I don't have cranky kids hanging on me. :) Or better yet, leave me a comment with a link to your site. I can't link today.... take pity on me.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Wonderful answers! Thanks so much for playing along! I'm so sorry your little one was sick :( I hope everyone's feeling better today. Cookbooks are one of my favorite things too! I especially love vintage ones :) Thanks for sharing!