Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finished Object

Photo that should be of finished socks... Imagine socks the color of the lily pads.

I started off the month on the right foot. I finished yet another knitting project. After spending what seems like an inordinate amount of time on projects that never quite get done, I'm happy to have finished 2 projects worth blogging about.

The problem? Well, I didn't take any pictures of the finished socks. I finished the second sock on the way to my sister's birthday lunch. The only photo I have of the socks is one at the playground of the sock-in-progress while the kids play in the background. (multi-tasking) So, if you want to see what the socks look like, we'll have to ask my sister. And find her a date while you're at it. :)

The Deets:
Hybrid Socks
Pattern: It's a Hybrid - I cast on 60 stitches; knit 9, purl 1, repeat all the way around until the cuff is as long as you'd like it to be. I should have just gone on to a generic heel at that point, but I was getting a little bored with generic and decided to do something different. So I got out the Cat Bordhi book - New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I really like the way these fit, in fact I think they're the best fitting socks I've made so far. Too bad they don't live at my house!!

1 comment:

Syren said...

I L-O-V-E love them!!! I had them on last night before I went to bed! I will make sure to take a picture this week to post since I now have freshly charged batteries in my camera!