Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ding Dong the Sock is Done!

YIPPIE! YAHOO! HOORAY! The first sock is done!

I'm really happy with the way it looks. It's large on me, but my sock pal's foot is slightly larger than mine so I think it will be ok. The toe was getting super long, so I took a page from the Yarn Harlot's book and did a decrease every other row until the last few rows when I decreased every row. It gives it a slightly less pointy toe I think. It's hard to tell in this photo because the sock really doesn't fit me well. I've been accused of having small feet.


I want you to take a moment to admire that I weaved in the ends. No really, take a moment and soak that in. I didn't wait a day; I didn't wait until moments before I mailed the socks; I didn't procrastinate at all; I weaved in the ends immediately.

Hubby had to pose with the sock - he's so silly!

Go ahead, pat me on the back... I started the 2nd sock immediately!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tell that husband he had better be clean shaven by June 22 or else!....(naw, he doesn't have too...just kidding!) The sock looks very nice by the way....

Kimberly said...

Beautiful sock! :)

Anonymous said...

Can you tell him to move over? He's crowdin the sock.

Minneapolismama said...

I'm using Yarni for my sockapalooza socks, too! It's so soft, and I really like how it knits up.

Janine said...

That sock is gorgeous!!! I'm proud of you for starting the second sock asap!

YoYo SockSister said...

The sock is gorgeous. Your pal will be thrilled! And your husband is darn cute too.

YoYo SockSister said...

Your sock is gorgeous. You pal will be thrilled!
Your husband is darn cute too!

YoYo SockSister said...

oops...sorry it was sent twice. By the way, what is the yarn, color and pattern?

Alotta.knittin said...

Beautiful sock. Congratulations on a sock well knit!!

LaVerna said...

Gorgeous!The husband is not bad either...

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

What a beautiful sock!!! And good for you to start the second one imediatly ... otherwise the dreaded SSS might hit ... *brrrrr*!