Wednesday, July 11, 2007

MS3 Is Kicking My Butt

So what do you do when your house is a mess? Sit and Knit! (or tink anyway) It's OK that I'm far behind everyone. I've had a lot going on lately and don't really have a ton of time to knit at night. I really can't knit this lace project when the girls are awake. I'm scared to death that I'll stop to help Addie out and Lily will race across the room with my lace, ripping stitches as she goes. So I'm OK with just being to the upper 1/4 of the first clue of my stole, even though Clue 3 will be released in 2 days. I can justify my slowness.

What I'm not OK with is having to tink (knit backwards - i.e. unknit) out rows because I made a mistake 5 rows back. This is not a fun project to have to tink, it goes very slowly. The only consolation is that I love saying the word "tink," even just in my head. It makes me smile. Maybe it's the Tinkerbell connotation or maybe I just like the sound of it, I'm really not sure. Tink, tink, tink. I tink I'll tink some more.

Whew, after a ton of tinking I think I figured out my problem. I didn't jump ahead a row like I thought I did, I did two pattern rows twice. Or maybe I skipped a row. Honestly I have no idea. Yes, you would think this would be immediately apparent, but not necessarily in lace. I was at the point in my tinking that I started thinking that it would just be easier to rip the entire 120 rows out and start over. Since I'm kicking myself for not changing the pattern to a Slip 1 at the beginning of every row, this thought was very appealing. Luckily I found the mistake.

Pictures tomorrow? Maybe.

No comments: