Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sockapalooza 4 Is In The Bag

As the first fireworks were going off last night I finished the socks for Sockapalooza 4. In fact, as my hubby was saying, "let's go outside and see if we can see the fireworks from here," I was saying, "I just need to weave in this one end!"

This is the best picture I could get of the socks enjoying the fireworks. Unfortunately, hubby's shirt (yes, he really is wearing camo shorts with a Hawaiian print shirt) glows more than the socks and the fireworks are non-existent in this picture. Trust me, they were barely visible over the tops of the trees. I wanted to take the socks down to Lake Superior but it was just too late and the kids were sleeping. Maybe I'll take a field trip later. It's kind of a shame that we live 2 blocks off the lake and the socks haven't been there yet.

More sock photos. This one makes the toes look not quite right, but it's because the socks are too big for me. You really don't get the whole effect on my feet.

And finally, the cat looking at the reason she didn't have as much room on my lap as usual. Poor Aggie has to share room on my lap with a sock and a ball of yarn. Darn pokey needles touch her sometimes too.

No comments: