Friday, November 2, 2007

A Yarn Bender

It seems I've been going on a bit of a yarn bender recently. It just occurred to me that I've been buying yarn with the intention of making a lot of Christmas presents. However, I'd better get going if it's going to happen. Also, I'm feeling a bit disorganized about the whole thing. I'll do what I always do when I'm feeling disorganized, I'll make a list. If I'm really on top of things, I'll take pictures and add them in!

Recycled Silk Yarn - 2 skeins - scarf for Mom
Wool/Acrylic blend in pink & brown - Cottage Creations Sweater for Addie
Lace Weight in gray - I don't know... maybe a Secret of the Stole. Maybe something completely different.
Varigated pink fingering weight merino wool, superwash - 437 yds. - I have no idea... perhaps socks for all the girls in the house? It's a ton of yarn in one ball. I had to buy it, it was calling my name. Pink, superwash, who could ask for more?
Red/Orange/Maroon sport weight wool - possibly socks or mittens for my Christmas Around the World Secret Pal
Pagewood Farms Denim - Blue Varigated Fingering Weight - I dunno, I'm thinking fingerless mitts... but I need to find a good pattern.
Pagewood Farms Reds - I think I might make something for myself out of this.
Jaywalkers for D - I need to finish the second sock.
Knitted ornaments - Knitted & Beaded Christmas Ornaments from Leisure Arts - I think I will be whipping up a few of these for my Christmas Around the World Secret Pal.

I also have to fix my nephew's Christmas Stocking. He pulled a loose string and somehow the entire heel came out. I have no idea how that happened!

All that in 2 months! Whoa!

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Great list! I know what you mean - I've been buying my share of Christmas gift yarns too (and a little specialty sock yarn on the side....shhhh.... don't tell or I might end up on the "naughty" list!). Have you tried the Fetching fingerless mitts from Knitty? I'm making a bunch of those for gifts and they're super cute and easy too. Can't wait to see everything knit up! And I'm *so* with you on the pink superwash :)

knittymuggins