Sunday, December 14, 2008

Check, Check, Almost Check

Christmas Knitting continues in the Big Blue House on the Shores of Lake Superior at a furious pace.

I finished the Fiddleheads for my Grandma. Photo to be added later. - Check



Malabrigo Mittens for my co-worker - 1 down, 1 to go. I'm adapting a pattern in 101 Luxury One Skein Wonders for this. They're pretty dreamy.

I started the 2nd Fiddleheads using Manos Silky for the outer mitt and Frog Tree Alpaca for the inner liner. I did have a bit of a setback with this, surprise surprise. I found 2 beautiful shades of Manos Silky, a dark blue and a dark purple/yellow/green varigated, Unfortunately the varigated was too close in shade to the dark blue and it didn't have enough pop for me. So I'm ripping back a few rows and starting over.

In non-knitting news, we are in the middle of a big blizzard. We have gusts of wind from 40-60 mph and a ton of snow blowing. Roads are being closed and they've discouraged all travel. It's supposed to last through noon tomorrow (monday). Normally I'd be thrilled with the idea of a snow day, however with work being what it is lately I need every moment of this week before Christmas to sell sell sell. I'm a little stressed out about work and a day at home isn't going to make it any better. In fact, my eye is getting a little twitchy just thinking about it.

No comments: