Saturday, March 7, 2009

Knittin' for Britain

(My own made up pattern)
There's an older gentleman in my Optimist club (he was one of the founding members 61 years ago) who often comments on my knitting during meetings. He always says that I remind him of the saying, "knittin' for Britain," during WWII. Well, I haven't been knitting for Britain, but I have been knitting for babies. This is part of the Optimist Club knitting challenge. So far I've made 4 hats that qualify during the month of March.

(Free Ravelry Download - Jester Hat)


It's been a busy day here in the Big Blue House. I got our taxes done, did a short workout, made a pie for hubby's birthday tomorrow, and worked on hats. Yesterday I finished plying the Sandstone yarn - photos to follow once it's dry.


(Free Ravelry Download - Cabled Baby Hat)

I like this little cabled hat so much that I'm doing a second in sparkly white yarn. It's a great stash buster for all of the worsted weight yarn odds and ends I have sitting around. Our friends are going to have a baby at the end of March. If it's a girl, she'll get the white hat. If it's a boy, he'll get this blue one. I hope it's a girl, I have enough yarn to do a Baby Surprise Jacket with a bit of sparkly pink as accent.

Now, I'm off to fold laundry and work on the hat.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Happy belated birthday to your Hubs! Hope it was a great one :)

Cute hats! I'm up to 3 I think, but mine aren't nearly as pretty as yours. I'm going for plain & simple since the spring forward thingy has me feeling a bit out of sorts.

Hope things are going well :)

knittymuggins