Monday, February 4, 2008

The View from the Frog Pond

The view from the frog pond is lovely this time of year. It is cold, icy and yes, I'm bitter. I finished the first 56 rows of the baby blanket quite nicely and moved on to the 2nd half of the blanket. For some reason, it seemed to be going rather fast. Odd since this was the true lace portion of the blanket. Finally, on row 87 it hit me. I. Didn't. Read. The. Pattern. Right. I was supposed to knit every other row plain. I knew this. I read it at the very beginning. I simply forgot. I hate it I hate it I hate it. Yes, have I mentioned I'm bitter? So, I brought the blanket down to my parents house this weekend. I felt I needed moral support to rip this baby back, and who gives moral support like a mom? It didn't hurt that my little sister said it looked painful to rip that much back. It was. I took out the needle, spread it out on the floor, marked the row that I would need to rip back to, and proceeded to rip.

Funny, now that I'm knitting it correctly I am much less frustrated with the lace portion. I really have no idea what I was thinking. I know how to knit lace. I know that most lace patterns are written this way. Sheesh, the blonde really shows doesn't it? It doesn't help that I had to rip out almost an entire rectangle of the other blanket I am making. It hasn't been a good few days for knitting. Buying yarn, good. Knitting, bad.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Blond? What Blond?

We all have these oversights.....I'm glad that you realized it before you were ready to bind off. That would have made it just awful! Good luck catching back up and getting done. I will be waiting for the FO.

Knittymuggins said...

I'm so sorry!! I have done that enough times myself to feel your pain (once I completed about 80% of a sweater before I realized it was HUGE on me and had to rip all.the.way.back.to.the.beginning. Ugh!). I'm glad to hear that you're back on your way though! Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out :)

knittymuggins