Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Like Crack for Knitters

Hi. My name is Jess and I'm addicted to knitting baby booties. Maybe it's the instant gratification, maybe it's the shear cuteness of it all, I don't know. I just know I need more. This is the super duper stay on baby bootie from Knitting for Baby. I've knit it enough times that I don't need to look at the pattern anymore. Just cast on and go. These were knit with some Koigu (two strands) from my stash. I had enough left over to make another pair, but I decided to branch out and make an EZ Baby Surprise Hat. Unfortunately the hat is too big for Lily, so I have to wait until Addie gets home from her time at Grandma and Grandpa's to get a picture taken. Had I used a single strand for the hat, I think it would have been the perfect size. However, I find EZ's vagueness just a little too vague when it comes to choosing the right yarn. I think I need to find myself a copy of The Knitters Book of Yarn to study while reading EZ. I think it's because she lists everything in ounces or in her own brands of yarn that I have trouble converting it to other brands. Just gimme some yardage lady! :)



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Can we start a group for addicted knitters?

Knittymuggins said...

Such cute little booties!! I can see why you're addicted ;)

knittymuggins