Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Be Sweet - Be Mine

Some of you may remember that I picked up 2 balls of Be Sweet African Bead Balls a few weeks back when my LYS had them 50% off. I intended to use only one ball, but kind of got carried away. I wanted to make a lacey sort of scarf but couldn't find a pattern to my liking. I ended up starting a feather and fan scarf. However, when I realized that one ball of yarn (or even 2) wouldn't cut it with this pattern, I adapted. I ended up with this sort of ascot looking scarf. It's perfect for keeping your chest warm with those silly v-neck coats.


A totally dorky picture of me wearing said scarf on the one really warm day that we've had. Actually, I like wearing this one doubled and then pulled through the center so that it's kind of frothy and frilly up against my neck.

If you're interested in the pattern, let me know and I'll write it up.











*By the way, the Fake Isle hat seems to be playing nicely again.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Glad to hear Fake Isle is playing nice ;) I don't think your photo is dorky at all and your scarf is darling!! It's so cool that you've been designing stuff....

knittymuggins