Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Amazing!

Does it ever hit you that there is just an absolute ton out there that you didn't even know you didn't know?

For instance, I never knew how much easier cables would be with a cabling needle. It makes me wonder how that very first conversation went. "Honey, while you're carving and sanding that double point needle for me on your lath, would you be so kind as to make a shorter one that's a little thiner (but not too much thinner) in the center?"

And whoever thought of using wires to stretch out their lace projects - genius! All of a sudden my pointy points are well, pointy!

And row counters. Ah, I could write a sonnet about row counters. (Except when little fingers "click" Mommy's clicker without asking first.) Obviously the person that came up with a row counter had small children running around, getting into the fire, asking for treats, and generally wreaking havoc with the farmstead.

No comments: